Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Always Learning...

Photobucket Okay, so I am not a genius when it comes to modern technology. An understatement, for certain! We had to get a new fax machine because the other one broke. TD is the genius in our household when it comes to computers, the internet, televisions, dvd players, the remote, and practically anything else that runs on electricity or has moving parts! In an effort to make me more comfortable in using "modern technology", TD said that I should try to set up the machine myself. I know, I know...it should have been easy. And parts of it were, but then I came across a snag and had to call in the expert! Needless to say, it is now working and I may have come just a little closer to having some knowledge about stuff like this. Just logging on to my blog and trying to learn new things is something I am so proud of. I know that 99% of the world's population know so much about computers and technology and here I am still learning bit by bit. It really is amazing to me that the youth of today are so intelligent when it comes to anything that has to do with technology. Really, it is reading other people's fabulous blogs that really inspires me to try to learn more. At least I am not ashamed to admit that I need help. Not that I could keep it a secret! Now, if you want to talk about someone who is an expert at playing Wheel of Fortune, I am your gal! Is there anything that you feel you need to learn more about and improve upon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry. Cross-commenting here. Saw your comment on my blog and wanted to thank you for stopping by. Also, I love checking out new blogs!
I feel your technology pain and also feel woefully inadequate all the time. Especially when you have to call tech support and their English is so limited and then they are also speaking "technology language" which I do not speak at all. We had an all-in-one machine stop working and I dutifully called, waited on hold forever, and then went through all the hoops with the guy on the other end. After forever, he cheerfully said, "Oh, I see what your problem is. Your warranty ran out three days ago." Gotta love it!

Terry said...

Debbie, thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate it! Thank you for trying to make it seem like I am not the only one with technology knowledge issues... although I am sure that you know tons more than me! What a story... go figure that your warranty ran out three days prior to you calling the tech support center. Did you get the all-in-one machine repaired? Hope you have a great day! I will see you at your blog! take care! ~terry